Easily make purchases online or in a store, use ATMs to withdraw cash, check balances, transfer money or make deposits. You can also turn your debit card on or off if your card is lost, misplaced or if fraud is detected.
Instant Issue Debit Cards are available at all office locations.
Use it like an ATM card to get cash or like a check to make purchases anywhere VISA® is accepted - online and in person. Instant Issue Debit Cards are also available at all office locations. You can also turn your debit card on or off if your card is lost, misplaced or if fraud is detected. Visit the Service Center in Online Banking to get started.
Your bankHometown Debit Card gives you access to your checking, statement savings or money market accounts. It can be used at ATMs displaying the SUM, NYCE, CIRRUS or VISA® program logos worldwide* to:
- Make deposits (at bankHometown ATMs only)
- Make withdrawals worldwide
- Obtain account balances
- Transfer funds between accounts
*Not responsible for surcharges or fees imposed by other banks, ATM operators and/or any networks based outside of the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii or U.S. Territories.
If you believe your bankHometown account has been compromised, please contact us so that we can take appropriate action.
- Turn your debit card on or off if your card is lost, misplaced or if fraud is detected. Visit the Service Center in Online Banking to get started.
- bankHometown will NEVER call you asking for account or personal information. If you ever receive a phone call like this, do not give out your information and please notify us right away.
- To report a lost, stolen or compromised bankHometown Debit Card during normal business hours, call our Customer Care team at 888.307.5887. After business hours, please call 1.844.293.6292 or if you are calling from outside the United States call collect 617.564.5105.
- Debit Card Restricted Areas: Debit Card transactions will NOT be authorized for the following areas: Algeria, United Republic of Cameroon, Egypt, Ivory Coast (Cote D'Ivoire), Jordan, Mozambique, Senegal, Zimbabwe, Angola, Benin, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, United Republic of Tanzania, Libya, Cuba, Iran, Sudan, North Korea, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Romania, Thailand, Turkey and Tunisia.
The debit cards we issue are protected by fraud prevention services, a service that helps to prevent debit card fraud. Turn your debit card on or off if your card is lost, misplaced or if fraud is detected. Visit the Service Center in Online Banking to get started.
To get a bankHometown Debit Card, you must be 16 years of age and have a checking account with us.
To save time, you can electronically deposit your Social Security or payroll check into any checking or savings account of your choice.
To set-up direct deposit, you will need bankHometown's routing number, 211371926, your account number, and our address:
31 Sutton Avenue
Oxford, MA 01540
Safe Deposit Boxes
Have added peace of mind knowing your valuables and important papers are stored away in a safe place. Safe deposit boxes of various sizes are available at the following offices:
Connecticut: Brooklyn, Killingly, Putnam, Thompson and Woodstock
Annual fees will be based on the box size you select.
24 Hour Telephone Banking
bankHometown's 24 Hour Account Telephone Banking line gives you immediate access to the account information you need, when you need it - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! It saves you time, energy and best of all, it's FREE! Using any touch-tone phone, dial 1.888.826.1120 to get started.
- Available in English or Spanish
- Account Information: Obtain current balances, mortgage balances (principal and escrow), certificate maturity dates and terms, amount of next payment due and current interest rate on your account.
- Transfer Funds: Need money for unexpected expenses? Anytime, anywhere, you can transfer money to your account. Just enter your PIN and transfer information.
Loan Payment: A quick and easy way to make payments!
Tax Information: Want to know how much interest you earned this month, this year or last year? How about the interest you paid on your new mortgage or refinanced loan? It’s all available at the touch of a button!
History Information: Balancing your statement and need more information? You can easily get up-to-the-minute information on your last checks cashed, last deposits or withdrawals and last direct deposits.
Other Handy Features: You can also use the Bank by Phone toll-free number to make Telephone Banking PIN changes and confirm your line of credit or cash reserve.
Dial 1.888.826.1120 and follow the simple instructions.
Remember, at any time during your call you may speak with a Customer Service Representative during normal business hours by pressing zero.
When you dial 1.888.826.1120 you will be presented with the following UPDATED main menu:
1. To access your account
2. To hear current office hours
3. To hear current rate information
4. To report a lost or stolen card
5. To leave a message for a Customer Service Representative
0. To transfer your call to a Customer Service Representative
- Have your account number(s) handy, which can be found on your bank statements, checks, passbooks or loan bills.
- Your initial PIN is the last four digits of your social security number. You will be required to establish a new PIN the first time you access this service. You may choose any four numbers other than the last four digits of your social security number.
- FOR SECURITY REASONS, NEVER DISCLOSE YOUR PIN TO ANYONE WHETHER THEY ARE LISTED ON YOUR ACCOUNT OR NOT. If you forget your PIN, simply call 888.307.5887 and ask to speak to a Customer Service Representative for assistance.
It pays to have friends. Literally. You can earn $50* just for referring your friends and family to try bankHometown Checking.
- Download and print our Refer-A-Friend card or obtain them from your local branch.
- Write your name on the cards and give them to your friends and family.
- You'll receive $50* when your friends and family open a new checking account with your referral card and one of the following: Online Banking and a bankHometown Debit Card or Direct Deposit with a bankHometown Debit Card.
*$50.00 will be credited to your account after someone you refer opens a bankHometown Personal Checking account and provides your name at account opening. The person you refer must be a new bankHometown checking customer and open the account with a Direct Deposit (of at least $25) or sign up for Online Banking and conduct 5 debit card transactions using the debit card in the first 60 days of account opening. If achieved, the $50 will be paid into your account by the last day of the statement cycle following the 60th day the account was opened. By participating, each party may be aware that the other is a customer of bankHometown. The referring person must have a checking account at bankHometown. This is a limited time offer and subject to change anytime without notice. In accordance with applicable regulations, bonus payouts may be 1099 reportable.